Saints looking to clip Crow’s wings in cup
ST ALBANS City kick-off their 2012/13 competitive campaign on Saturday with a Herts Charity Cup clash away at Royston Town, kick-off 3pm.
The Saints head to Garden Walk to face the Evo-Stik League Southern Division One Central side on the back of a promising display on Wednesday where they were narrowly beaten 2-1 in a friendly against a Stevenage XI at Clarence Park.
Former Premier League striker Barry Hayles turned out for David Howell’s side in that match and it is unclear if the 40-year-old ex-Fulham man will sign for City for their Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division term which begins on Saturday, August 18, away at Banbury United.
One player who has put pen to paper is former Reading youngster Curtis Ujah, the defender played for Hayes & Yeading last season.
He is the fourth new addition to the squad this summer along with his fellow defender Danny Gordon, winger Richard Graham and striker Lewis Toomey.
You may also want to watch:
It is clear that Howell is looking to add another striker, and possibly more players, to his squad before the opening weekend of the league season.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism