Saints look for head coach as part of ambitious plan
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints Ladies rugby team are on the look-out for a head coach for the upcoming season.
The team, based at Woollams, currently have one active squad who play in the National Championship South East Two.
Their aim is to recruit enough new players to field a second team and move up to the Championship within the next two years.
And a coach is the first part of that plan.
A spokesman for the club said: “This is a great opportunity for a dynamic coach who understands ladies rugby, promotes player development and encourages all players to maximize their potential.
You may also want to watch:
“The Ladies section has a good positive vibe, a strong work ethic and very welcoming. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain this and encourage expansive rugby on the pitch.”
The current squad has a mix of experience and abilities and trains on Mondays and Wednesdays between 7:15pm and 9pm, with games generally on Sundays.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Applicants must have at least a UKCC Level 2 in coaching rugby and will be responsible for planning and leading training, working with the assistant coach and liaising with guest coaches already in place for specific sessions.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
For an informal discussion about the role please contact club captain Kate Barnes on 07841 706 250.