Saints look for head coach as part of ambitious plan
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints Ladies rugby team are on the look-out for a head coach for the upcoming season.
The team, based at Woollams, currently have one active squad who play in the National Championship South East Two.
Their aim is to recruit enough new players to field a second team and move up to the Championship within the next two years.
And a coach is the first part of that plan.
A spokesman for the club said: “This is a great opportunity for a dynamic coach who understands ladies rugby, promotes player development and encourages all players to maximize their potential.
“The Ladies section has a good positive vibe, a strong work ethic and very welcoming. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain this and encourage expansive rugby on the pitch.”
The current squad has a mix of experience and abilities and trains on Mondays and Wednesdays between 7:15pm and 9pm, with games generally on Sundays.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 9 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Applicants must have at least a UKCC Level 2 in coaching rugby and will be responsible for planning and leading training, working with the assistant coach and liaising with guest coaches already in place for specific sessions.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion about the role please contact club captain Kate Barnes on 07841 706 250.