Saints look for head coach as part of ambitious plan
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Saints Ladies rugby team are on the look-out for a head coach for the upcoming season.
The team, based at Woollams, currently have one active squad who play in the National Championship South East Two.
Their aim is to recruit enough new players to field a second team and move up to the Championship within the next two years.
And a coach is the first part of that plan.
A spokesman for the club said: “This is a great opportunity for a dynamic coach who understands ladies rugby, promotes player development and encourages all players to maximize their potential.
You may also want to watch:
“The Ladies section has a good positive vibe, a strong work ethic and very welcoming. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain this and encourage expansive rugby on the pitch.”
The current squad has a mix of experience and abilities and trains on Mondays and Wednesdays between 7:15pm and 9pm, with games generally on Sundays.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Applicants must have at least a UKCC Level 2 in coaching rugby and will be responsible for planning and leading training, working with the assistant coach and liaising with guest coaches already in place for specific sessions.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
For an informal discussion about the role please contact club captain Kate Barnes on 07841 706 250.