Saints look for goals at Hitchin
ST Albans City will look to rediscover their scoring touch on Tuesday when they go away to Hitchin Town in the Herts Charity Cup. The Saints have scored just three goals in four pre-season encounters
ST Albans City will look to rediscover their scoring touch on Tuesday when they go away to Hitchin Town in the Herts Charity Cup.
The Saints have scored just three goals in four pre-season encounters, with striker Simon Martin the only forward to have hit the net. Martin missed out on the action on Saturday as Saints went down 2-1 at Boreham Wood.
Castle has a vacancy in attack following the departure of powerful forward Akanni-Sunday Wasiu who scored his fourth goal in pre-season for League One side Colchester United on Saturday at Dagenham and Redbridge.
Paul Hakim and Lee Clarke led the attack at Boreham Wood, with the latter restored to the forward line having enjoyed a fine spell in midfield last term.
You may also want to watch:
Former Cambridge United forward Daniel Chillingworth played the final 23 minutes of the clash. Chillingworth made three substitute appearances on loan with City last season and came close to salvaging a draw for City at Wood with a shot which flashed wide late on.
Hassan Sulaiman gave City the lead with a superb goal flicked over his head and over Wood goalkeeper Noel Imber into the net.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
The home side hit back before half time against the run of play when former Saint Chris Watters crossed for Eugene Ofori to head the ball home.
Greg Morgan continued his outstanding pre-season form for Wood with an exceptional looping shot in the second half to beat City 'keeper Paul Bastock and make the final score 2-1.
City remaining pre-season fixtures
Hitchin Town away Tuesday, July 29 kick off 7.45pm Herts Charity Cup
Cheshunt away Friday, August 1 kick off 7.45pm
Watford XI home Tuesday, August 5 kick off 7.45pm