Saints knock Heath off top
Spartan South Midlands Premier Division Colney Heath 2 Royston Town 1 Colney Heath 0 Chalfont St Peter 4 COLNEY Heath returned to the summit of the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division table following a 2-1 win over Royston on Saturday but tumbled down
Spartan South Midlands Premier Division
Colney Heath 2 Royston Town 1
Colney Heath 0 Chalfont St Peter 4
COLNEY Heath returned to the summit of the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division table following a 2-1 win over Royston on Saturday but tumbled down to third after they suffered their first league defeat of the season going down 4-0 at home to Chalfont St Peter.
You may also want to watch:
Things had started well for the Magpies with a home win over Royston. Flying youngster Aaron Clarke gave the hosts the lead with just 14 minutes on the clock.
The score stayed the same until Royston grabbed an equaliser 11 minutes after the interval, centre half David Cain the man getting the goal.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
However Heath recovered and grabbed what turned out to be the winner with just 16 minutes remaining thanks to Jon Donoghue's third strike of the season.
It was a valuable win for Heath against a good side but it was a different story on Tuesday night as Scott Lacey and Wes Awad's men failed to recover from conceding inside 60 seconds.
Terrell Lewis opened the scoring for Chalfont in the first minute and Adam Louth doubled their lead in the 27th minute.
The visitors effectively put the game beyond Heath's reach when John Carroll added a third 10 minutes after the break and Charlie Strutton's 85th minute penalty rubbed salt in Heath's wounds.
As a result of the defeat Chalfont have leapfrogged Heath, though the Magpies have two games in hand on the two sides above them.
Colney Heath: Blackman, Ashton, Olcot, Gerber, Teasdale, Stevens, Ashwood, Deacon, Jackman, Cooper, Clarke. Subs: D Parratt, Donoghue, Seidu, Dowling, Jones.