Saints hoping for derby action
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
Boreham Wood v St Albans City
Blue Square Bet South
IT’S derby time on Saturday as St Albans City make the short journey to fellow strugglers Boreham Wood.
THE LOWDOWN: After winning promotion to Blue Square Bet South via the Ryman Premier Division Play-offs last season Boreham Wood have found themselves stuck at the wrong end of the table during this campaign.
Having been rock bottom for long spells this season the Hertfordshire side moved above the Saints following a win over Weston-super-Mare.
PLAYER TO WATCH: Former Staines striker Ali Chaaban has been amongst the goals for Wood since arriving at Meadow Park netting twice in five appearances.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 9 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 10 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
LAST LINEUP – vs. Eastbourne Boro (FAT): Jones; Garrad, Nicolau, Moran, Wilkinson; Noto, Risbridger, Godfrey, Hunter, Cochrane; Chaaban.
LAST TIME: The last time the two sides met was back in 2007 when Boreham Wood secured a 3-2 win in the Herts Senior Cup. The Saints found themselves 3-0 down at the break before second half goals from Hasim Deen and Craig O’Connor added some respectability to the score.
The last league meeting between the two sides was as far back as February 2003 when Jude Stirling’s goal gave the Wood a 1-0 win over the Saints in the Ryman Premier League.
* CITYLIVE coverage will begin around 11.30am.