Saints hoping for derby action
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
Boreham Wood v St Albans City
Blue Square Bet South
IT’S derby time on Saturday as St Albans City make the short journey to fellow strugglers Boreham Wood.
THE LOWDOWN: After winning promotion to Blue Square Bet South via the Ryman Premier Division Play-offs last season Boreham Wood have found themselves stuck at the wrong end of the table during this campaign.
Having been rock bottom for long spells this season the Hertfordshire side moved above the Saints following a win over Weston-super-Mare.
PLAYER TO WATCH: Former Staines striker Ali Chaaban has been amongst the goals for Wood since arriving at Meadow Park netting twice in five appearances.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
LAST LINEUP – vs. Eastbourne Boro (FAT): Jones; Garrad, Nicolau, Moran, Wilkinson; Noto, Risbridger, Godfrey, Hunter, Cochrane; Chaaban.
LAST TIME: The last time the two sides met was back in 2007 when Boreham Wood secured a 3-2 win in the Herts Senior Cup. The Saints found themselves 3-0 down at the break before second half goals from Hasim Deen and Craig O’Connor added some respectability to the score.
The last league meeting between the two sides was as far back as February 2003 when Jude Stirling’s goal gave the Wood a 1-0 win over the Saints in the Ryman Premier League.
* CITYLIVE coverage will begin around 11.30am.