Saints hoping for derby action
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
Boreham Wood v St Albans City
Blue Square Bet South
IT’S derby time on Saturday as St Albans City make the short journey to fellow strugglers Boreham Wood.
THE LOWDOWN: After winning promotion to Blue Square Bet South via the Ryman Premier Division Play-offs last season Boreham Wood have found themselves stuck at the wrong end of the table during this campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Having been rock bottom for long spells this season the Hertfordshire side moved above the Saints following a win over Weston-super-Mare.
PLAYER TO WATCH: Former Staines striker Ali Chaaban has been amongst the goals for Wood since arriving at Meadow Park netting twice in five appearances.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 3 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
LAST LINEUP – vs. Eastbourne Boro (FAT): Jones; Garrad, Nicolau, Moran, Wilkinson; Noto, Risbridger, Godfrey, Hunter, Cochrane; Chaaban.
LAST TIME: The last time the two sides met was back in 2007 when Boreham Wood secured a 3-2 win in the Herts Senior Cup. The Saints found themselves 3-0 down at the break before second half goals from Hasim Deen and Craig O’Connor added some respectability to the score.
The last league meeting between the two sides was as far back as February 2003 when Jude Stirling’s goal gave the Wood a 1-0 win over the Saints in the Ryman Premier League.
* CITYLIVE coverage will begin around 11.30am.