Saints held by Sarratt
HSCL Division One St Peter s 1 Sarratt 1 Despite scoring an early goal, St Peter s had to settle for a share of the spoils against mid-table side Sarratt. The Saints, fresh from last weekend s excellent victory over Bedmond and defending an eight game unb
HSCL Division One
St Peter's 1 Sarratt 1
Despite scoring an early goal, St Peter's had to settle for a share of the spoils against mid-table side Sarratt.
The Saints, fresh from last weekend's excellent victory over Bedmond and defending an eight game unbeaten run, got off to a flyer thanks to James Lee's headed goal following Matt Hatchett's centre just three minutes into the game.
Another opportunity, falling to the same player, somehow failed to find the net.
The visitors gained confidence from the let off but poor finishing let the Saints off lightly.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
Having scored regularly during their unbeaten run, the Saints lacked sparkle and enthusiasm on the day but also created very few scoring opportunities.
Eventually Saints' luck ran out as the visitors grabbed a deserved equaliser with only seven minutes remaining.
The ball was given away on the left flank, allowing the visitors to break quickly and catch out the Saints defence with Jamie Davidge calmly slotting home.
Manager Dave Whitehead is looking for a return to form next weekend as the Saints travel to Knebworth (KO 2pm) for a tricky encounter in League Division One.
St Peter's: Barnes, T Gauthier, Wiltshire, Lyon; Sandiford, Eames (Mardle), Stuart-Neal, M Hatchett, Blyth; Lee (M Gauthier), Ellis. Sub not used: Laffoley.