Saints held by Sarratt
HSCL Division One St Peter s 1 Sarratt 1 Despite scoring an early goal, St Peter s had to settle for a share of the spoils against mid-table side Sarratt. The Saints, fresh from last weekend s excellent victory over Bedmond and defending an eight game unb
HSCL Division One
St Peter's 1 Sarratt 1
Despite scoring an early goal, St Peter's had to settle for a share of the spoils against mid-table side Sarratt.
The Saints, fresh from last weekend's excellent victory over Bedmond and defending an eight game unbeaten run, got off to a flyer thanks to James Lee's headed goal following Matt Hatchett's centre just three minutes into the game.
Another opportunity, falling to the same player, somehow failed to find the net.
The visitors gained confidence from the let off but poor finishing let the Saints off lightly.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 8 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
- 9 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 10 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
Having scored regularly during their unbeaten run, the Saints lacked sparkle and enthusiasm on the day but also created very few scoring opportunities.
Eventually Saints' luck ran out as the visitors grabbed a deserved equaliser with only seven minutes remaining.
The ball was given away on the left flank, allowing the visitors to break quickly and catch out the Saints defence with Jamie Davidge calmly slotting home.
Manager Dave Whitehead is looking for a return to form next weekend as the Saints travel to Knebworth (KO 2pm) for a tricky encounter in League Division One.
St Peter's: Barnes, T Gauthier, Wiltshire, Lyon; Sandiford, Eames (Mardle), Stuart-Neal, M Hatchett, Blyth; Lee (M Gauthier), Ellis. Sub not used: Laffoley.