Saints go goal crazy
Herts Senior County Division One St Peter s 7 Walkern Rangers 0 HAVING fired blanks last week, St Peter s found their shooting boots at last by putting seven goals past struggling Walkern Rangers. The Saints also kept their first clean sheet of the season
Herts Senior County Division One
St Peter's 7 Walkern Rangers 0
HAVING fired blanks last week, St Peter's found their shooting boots at last by putting seven goals past struggling Walkern Rangers.
The Saints also kept their first clean sheet of the season in a game which was as good as over by half time after the Saints raced into a 4-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
An early goal from James Lee opened the scoring and it soon became two when Danny Blyth ran onto a pass and placed his shot wide of the advancing goalkeeper.
The return of Richard Ellis after a year's absence certainly gave the Saints a better shape going forward and he obliged with two well taken goals.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
An early second half goal hinted at a big score as Jamie Eames, put in by Ellis, made it 5-0.
The goals dried up for a period, but eventually Ellis completed his hat-trick and Eames notched number seven before the 90 minutes were up.
Next week the Saints travel to Bushey Rangers, kick off 2.30pm, and it presents an opportunity to gain revenge for the 2-0 defeat suffered the week before last.
St Peter's: C Eames; M Hatchett, Wiltshire, T Gauthier; Blyth, M Gauthier (Mardle), Burr (Greaney), Nicholls; J Eames, Lee (Laffoley), Ellis.