Saints go goal crazy
Herts Senior County Division One St Peter s 7 Walkern Rangers 0 HAVING fired blanks last week, St Peter s found their shooting boots at last by putting seven goals past struggling Walkern Rangers. The Saints also kept their first clean sheet of the season
Herts Senior County Division One
St Peter's 7 Walkern Rangers 0
HAVING fired blanks last week, St Peter's found their shooting boots at last by putting seven goals past struggling Walkern Rangers.
The Saints also kept their first clean sheet of the season in a game which was as good as over by half time after the Saints raced into a 4-0 lead.
An early goal from James Lee opened the scoring and it soon became two when Danny Blyth ran onto a pass and placed his shot wide of the advancing goalkeeper.
The return of Richard Ellis after a year's absence certainly gave the Saints a better shape going forward and he obliged with two well taken goals.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 9 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 10 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
An early second half goal hinted at a big score as Jamie Eames, put in by Ellis, made it 5-0.
The goals dried up for a period, but eventually Ellis completed his hat-trick and Eames notched number seven before the 90 minutes were up.
Next week the Saints travel to Bushey Rangers, kick off 2.30pm, and it presents an opportunity to gain revenge for the 2-0 defeat suffered the week before last.
St Peter's: C Eames; M Hatchett, Wiltshire, T Gauthier; Blyth, M Gauthier (Mardle), Burr (Greaney), Nicholls; J Eames, Lee (Laffoley), Ellis.