Saints gear up for big FA Cup tie
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
IT’S back on the FA Cup trail on Saturday as Steve Castle’s Saints head to Blue Square Premier big-boys Luton Town
THE LOWDOWN: Luton Town were the biggest name City could have drawn in this round of the Cup. The Hatters were runners up in the competition in 1958/59 and Saturday’s clash will be a big test for the Saints.
Luton currently sit third in the Blue Square Premier five points behind leaders AFC Wimbledon and promotion back to the Football League will most definitely be the club’s priority this season.
THE MANAGER: Richard Money has been Luton boss since October 2009 leading the Hatters to last season’s Blue Square Premier play-offs where they succumbed to York City.
You may also want to watch:
Money enjoyed great success in a brief stint at Walsall where he lead the Saddlers to the League 2 title and has also been involved in the youth academy at Newcastle United.
PLAYERS TO WATCH: Andy Drury made a surprise switch to Kenilworth Road from last season’s Blue Square Premier champions Stevenage and has become an important player for the Hatters.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
Excellent technically, Drury has also chipped in with his fair share of goals and he will have to be watched carefully should he feature against the Saints.
LAST TIME: This will be the first time the two sides have met in a competitive fixture.
For those of you who are unable to make it to Kenilworth Road on Saturday, you can keep up with the action via our CITYLIVE service which will start at around 2.30pm.