Saints eye strong finish
IN an entertaining affair on Thursday, St Peter s recorded a convincing three goal win at Croxley Guild. A bumpy surface made controlling the ball difficult for both sides
Herts Senior County League Division One
Croxley Guild 0 St Peter's 3
IN an entertaining affair on Thursday, St Peter's recorded a convincing three goal win at Croxley Guild.
A bumpy surface made controlling the ball difficult for both sides and a strong wind also did not contribute to free flowing football.
The contest was a fast and frenetic affair and St Peter's opened the scoring when Craig Staughton drove into the box with pace and strength and placed his shot home.
The lead was doubled shortly after when Craig Chapman netted for 2-0 at the interval.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Good defending from Saints allowed them to hold out against the wind in the second half and eventually the visitors added their third. Substitute Darren Shea rattled the ball home shortly after entering the field of play.
Saints finished as the stronger side and could have added to the margin. If they can defeat Cuffley in their final fixture on Saturday they could finish in a comfortable mid-table position.