Saints eye strong finish
IN an entertaining affair on Thursday, St Peter s recorded a convincing three goal win at Croxley Guild. A bumpy surface made controlling the ball difficult for both sides
Herts Senior County League Division One
Croxley Guild 0 St Peter's 3
IN an entertaining affair on Thursday, St Peter's recorded a convincing three goal win at Croxley Guild.
A bumpy surface made controlling the ball difficult for both sides and a strong wind also did not contribute to free flowing football.
You may also want to watch:
The contest was a fast and frenetic affair and St Peter's opened the scoring when Craig Staughton drove into the box with pace and strength and placed his shot home.
The lead was doubled shortly after when Craig Chapman netted for 2-0 at the interval.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 9 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Good defending from Saints allowed them to hold out against the wind in the second half and eventually the visitors added their third. Substitute Darren Shea rattled the ball home shortly after entering the field of play.
Saints finished as the stronger side and could have added to the margin. If they can defeat Cuffley in their final fixture on Saturday they could finish in a comfortable mid-table position.