Saints edge past Kimpton
St Peter’s maintain second place
HSCL Division One
Kimpton Rovers 1 St Peter’s 2
DESPITE having 75 per cent of the action St Peter’s had to settle for a narrow 2-1 win over bottom side Kimpton Rovers.
The Saints dictated the early play but were frustrated by the good form of Kimpton ‘keeper Russell Paine.
You may also want to watch:
The deadlock was eventually broken by Mark Savory who beat Paine at his near post but out of the blue Kimpton levelled after the Saints failed to clear a free kick.
St Peter’s continued to dominate after the interval and despite missing several chances, Brinsley Bailey netted the winner latching onto a fine pass and rounding Paine to finish.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
The victory sees the Saints remain in Second place with an away trip to Whitwell AFC Village awaiting them on Saturday.
Saints: Barnes; Cox, Gauthier, Wiltshire, Frost; Roberts, Jordan (Beswick), Sandiford; Rees, Savory, Bailey.