Saints edge past Kimpton
St Peter’s maintain second place
HSCL Division One
Kimpton Rovers 1 St Peter’s 2
DESPITE having 75 per cent of the action St Peter’s had to settle for a narrow 2-1 win over bottom side Kimpton Rovers.
The Saints dictated the early play but were frustrated by the good form of Kimpton ‘keeper Russell Paine.
The deadlock was eventually broken by Mark Savory who beat Paine at his near post but out of the blue Kimpton levelled after the Saints failed to clear a free kick.
St Peter’s continued to dominate after the interval and despite missing several chances, Brinsley Bailey netted the winner latching onto a fine pass and rounding Paine to finish.
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
The victory sees the Saints remain in Second place with an away trip to Whitwell AFC Village awaiting them on Saturday.
Saints: Barnes; Cox, Gauthier, Wiltshire, Frost; Roberts, Jordan (Beswick), Sandiford; Rees, Savory, Bailey.