Saints edge past Kimpton
St Peter’s maintain second place
HSCL Division One
Kimpton Rovers 1 St Peter’s 2
DESPITE having 75 per cent of the action St Peter’s had to settle for a narrow 2-1 win over bottom side Kimpton Rovers.
The Saints dictated the early play but were frustrated by the good form of Kimpton ‘keeper Russell Paine.
You may also want to watch:
The deadlock was eventually broken by Mark Savory who beat Paine at his near post but out of the blue Kimpton levelled after the Saints failed to clear a free kick.
St Peter’s continued to dominate after the interval and despite missing several chances, Brinsley Bailey netted the winner latching onto a fine pass and rounding Paine to finish.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 9 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
The victory sees the Saints remain in Second place with an away trip to Whitwell AFC Village awaiting them on Saturday.
Saints: Barnes; Cox, Gauthier, Wiltshire, Frost; Roberts, Jordan (Beswick), Sandiford; Rees, Savory, Bailey.