Saints could snatch top eight spot
Herts Senior County League Division One St Peter s 3 Cuffley 1 ST Peter s ended the Division One season on a winning note as they sank Cuffley 3-1 at Lemsford on Saturday. It was a 14th league win to end a frustrating campaign for the Saints on a high
Herts Senior County League Division One
St Peter's 3 Cuffley 1
ST Peter's ended the Division One season on a winning note as they sank Cuffley 3-1 at Lemsford on Saturday.
It was a 14th league win to end a frustrating campaign for the Saints on a high and they could still finish in a top eight spot.
You may also want to watch:
The Saints were without influential players Richard Ellis, Scott Ferguson and Craig Staughton and left leading goalscorer Sean Workman on the bench due to an injury concern.
Joel Myers put the sluggish Saints behind when he cashed in on some hesitant defending to net for Cuffley.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
Saints battled back and Tony Arnold celebrated his 100th appearance for the club with a good finish for 1-1.
Goalkeeper Johnny Shearer made some vital saves in the second half to keep Saints level and they capitalised when Mark Savory headed home his 12th goal of the season from a Dan Cockerton corner.
The contest was finished when Workman came off the bench to record his 13th goal of the season with an exquisite finish.
The Saints will hold talks about their future in the coming weeks with a number of the management team not continuing next season.