Saints City Trust set for launch
THE Saints City Trust is preparing for its big launch night on Thursday, October 8. The Trust has already issued invites to any former players living locally and has been in contact with former Saints defender and manager Kevin Mudd about getting some of
THE Saints City Trust is preparing for its big launch night on Thursday, October 8.
The Trust has already issued invites to any former players living locally and has been in contact with former Saints defender and manager Kevin Mudd about getting some of the City team from the mid-to-late 90s along to the event.
Invites have also been extended to the leaders of the local political parties, other community groups and senior officials at the football club including chairman John Gibson.
The evening, which is being hosted by club president Malcolm MacMillan, will be the first opportunity fans have to sign up for shares in the trust.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Rogers, the Trust's vice chairman, said: "We want people to come along, sign up and let's get the show on the road.
"It's a culmination of two year's hard work and a lot of people who have been involved and played a part deserve a lot of credit.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 8 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
"It's been most encouraging that a lot of fans have come forward and provided professional skills, support and enthusiasm.