Saints City Trust set for launch
THE Saints City Trust is preparing for its big launch night on Thursday, October 8. The Trust has already issued invites to any former players living locally and has been in contact with former Saints defender and manager Kevin Mudd about getting some of
THE Saints City Trust is preparing for its big launch night on Thursday, October 8.
The Trust has already issued invites to any former players living locally and has been in contact with former Saints defender and manager Kevin Mudd about getting some of the City team from the mid-to-late 90s along to the event.
Invites have also been extended to the leaders of the local political parties, other community groups and senior officials at the football club including chairman John Gibson.
The evening, which is being hosted by club president Malcolm MacMillan, will be the first opportunity fans have to sign up for shares in the trust.
Ian Rogers, the Trust's vice chairman, said: "We want people to come along, sign up and let's get the show on the road.
"It's a culmination of two year's hard work and a lot of people who have been involved and played a part deserve a lot of credit.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 5 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
"It's been most encouraging that a lot of fans have come forward and provided professional skills, support and enthusiasm.