Saints buried by Berkhamsted
ST Albans lost at Berkhamsted by 95 runs on Saturday after a disappointing batting display. Berkhamsted won the toss and chose to bat first with the match reduced to a 51-45 over contest
Berkhamsted 173-10 (51.0) St Albans 78-10 (33.0)
ST Albans lost at Berkhamsted by 95 runs on Saturday after a disappointing batting display.
Berkhamsted won the toss and chose to bat first with the match reduced to a 51-45 over contest by the rain. Berko batted well on a skiddy deck against the new ball with Ali Bray scoring 52.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans struck back with Murtaza Hussain picked up five wickets from his 19 overs, conceding just 37 runs and bowling six maidens. Yasir Arafat bowled 23 overs and took 4-81 as Berkhamsted collapsed from 132-4 to 173 all out.
In reply, bowler Oliver Janaway proved the star of the show as he took 8-37 off 17 overs and St Albans were skittled out for just 78. Murtaza Hussain top scored for Saints with 24 but Matt Howeson (11) was the only other batsman to achieve double figures.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 St Albans MP vows to fight developer 'free for all' to protect Herts Green Belt
- 8 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 9 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 10 Look! See inside spectacular new lights display at St Albans Cathedral
St Albans II had their match at Clarence Park with Eversholt cancelled due to the weather on Saturday.
The weather also ended the prospects of St Albans III gaining a win at home to Dunstable III as the match was cancelled.
St Albans IV picked up a fine win at Rothamsted Park against hosts Harpenden Dolphins in Division 10 of the Herts League.
On a wet upper pitch, St Albans won the toss and inserted Harpenden Dolphins with the hosts reaching 182-9 off their 53 overs. Guy Black took 4-54 for St Albans and Jack Bailey claimed 2-38.
In reply, opener Graham Budd (25) gave Saints a steady start and number three David Hancock hit 61 before he was caught. Andy Rudlin scored 36 and Mohammad Asad (20 not out) and Guy Black (19 not out) guided St Albans to victory on 184-6 off 41.1 overs.