Saints buried by Berkhamsted
ST Albans lost at Berkhamsted by 95 runs on Saturday after a disappointing batting display. Berkhamsted won the toss and chose to bat first with the match reduced to a 51-45 over contest
Berkhamsted 173-10 (51.0) St Albans 78-10 (33.0)
ST Albans lost at Berkhamsted by 95 runs on Saturday after a disappointing batting display.
Berkhamsted won the toss and chose to bat first with the match reduced to a 51-45 over contest by the rain. Berko batted well on a skiddy deck against the new ball with Ali Bray scoring 52.
St Albans struck back with Murtaza Hussain picked up five wickets from his 19 overs, conceding just 37 runs and bowling six maidens. Yasir Arafat bowled 23 overs and took 4-81 as Berkhamsted collapsed from 132-4 to 173 all out.
In reply, bowler Oliver Janaway proved the star of the show as he took 8-37 off 17 overs and St Albans were skittled out for just 78. Murtaza Hussain top scored for Saints with 24 but Matt Howeson (11) was the only other batsman to achieve double figures.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 6 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 7 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 8 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 9 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
- 10 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
St Albans II had their match at Clarence Park with Eversholt cancelled due to the weather on Saturday.
The weather also ended the prospects of St Albans III gaining a win at home to Dunstable III as the match was cancelled.
St Albans IV picked up a fine win at Rothamsted Park against hosts Harpenden Dolphins in Division 10 of the Herts League.
On a wet upper pitch, St Albans won the toss and inserted Harpenden Dolphins with the hosts reaching 182-9 off their 53 overs. Guy Black took 4-54 for St Albans and Jack Bailey claimed 2-38.
In reply, opener Graham Budd (25) gave Saints a steady start and number three David Hancock hit 61 before he was caught. Andy Rudlin scored 36 and Mohammad Asad (20 not out) and Guy Black (19 not out) guided St Albans to victory on 184-6 off 41.1 overs.