Saints boss hails Khale Da Costa’s wonder goal against Chelmsford as ‘one of the best I’ve seen down here’
- Credit: Archant
Ian Allinson heaped praise on Khale Da Costa after his superb finish crowned a memorable come from behind win over Chelmsford City.
The tricky winger produced a stunning touch and turn before a delightful chip over goalkeeper Nathan McDonald gave Saints a 3-1 win.
Allinson said: “If you saw a finish like Khale Da Costa’s anywhere else in the world, it would be in the top 10 best goals.
“It was a fantastic finish. I was just going to shout at him to take his time because I thought he was going to drive it.
“But he showed a little bit of quality it was an absolutely unbelievable goal and people really need to see it.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had some special goals this year but that was the best I’ve seen down here.”
The success was well deserved and keeps St Albans in the hunt for one of the National League South play-off places.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 10 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
David Moyo’s header right on the stroke of half-time instantly cancelled out Chris Whelpdale’s opener for Chelmsford.
And Moyo’s second, plus Da Costa’s magic moment, sealed the game after the break.
Allinson said: “It was a tough game to be fair.
“They dominated for long periods in the first half and had the better chances.
“I would have liked to go in at 0-0 and with the slope in the second half we could have put them under the pressure.
“I was disappointed with the goal we gave away. It was a free header but we reacted really well and got the equaliser.
“It was so important to get that and for me we scored two outstanding goals.”