Saints boss hails Khale Da Costa’s wonder goal against Chelmsford as ‘one of the best I’ve seen down here’
- Credit: Archant
Ian Allinson heaped praise on Khale Da Costa after his superb finish crowned a memorable come from behind win over Chelmsford City.
The tricky winger produced a stunning touch and turn before a delightful chip over goalkeeper Nathan McDonald gave Saints a 3-1 win.
Allinson said: “If you saw a finish like Khale Da Costa’s anywhere else in the world, it would be in the top 10 best goals.
“It was a fantastic finish. I was just going to shout at him to take his time because I thought he was going to drive it.
“But he showed a little bit of quality it was an absolutely unbelievable goal and people really need to see it.
“We’ve had some special goals this year but that was the best I’ve seen down here.”
The success was well deserved and keeps St Albans in the hunt for one of the National League South play-off places.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
David Moyo’s header right on the stroke of half-time instantly cancelled out Chris Whelpdale’s opener for Chelmsford.
And Moyo’s second, plus Da Costa’s magic moment, sealed the game after the break.
Allinson said: “It was a tough game to be fair.
“They dominated for long periods in the first half and had the better chances.
“I would have liked to go in at 0-0 and with the slope in the second half we could have put them under the pressure.
“I was disappointed with the goal we gave away. It was a free header but we reacted really well and got the equaliser.
“It was so important to get that and for me we scored two outstanding goals.”