Saints beaten by Oxhey
St Albans City knocked out of Charity Cup
Oxhey Jets 2 St Albans City 1
Herts Charity Cup First Round
GOALS from Spencer Bellotti and Lee Armitt knocked the Saints out of the Herts Charity Cup on Saturday.
Armitt put the hosts ahead on just seven minutes when he ran through the back line and slotted home, but his game was to finish 20 minutes later when a heavy fall saw him taken to hospital from where news filtered back that he had suffered a broken shoulder.
You may also want to watch:
Bellotti then headed in from a corner to give his side breathing space before Rob Quattromini rounded the ‘keeper to pull a goal back but the Saints were never able to get themselves back on level and the Jets will now face either Potters Bar Town or Cheshunt in the next round.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans