Saints beaten by Oxhey
St Albans City knocked out of Charity Cup
Oxhey Jets 2 St Albans City 1
Herts Charity Cup First Round
GOALS from Spencer Bellotti and Lee Armitt knocked the Saints out of the Herts Charity Cup on Saturday.
Armitt put the hosts ahead on just seven minutes when he ran through the back line and slotted home, but his game was to finish 20 minutes later when a heavy fall saw him taken to hospital from where news filtered back that he had suffered a broken shoulder.
You may also want to watch:
Bellotti then headed in from a corner to give his side breathing space before Rob Quattromini rounded the ‘keeper to pull a goal back but the Saints were never able to get themselves back on level and the Jets will now face either Potters Bar Town or Cheshunt in the next round.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans