Saints B team win League Division
- Credit: Archant
ST ALBANS City B Team emerged victorious as the Hertfordshire Inclusive Football League (HIFL) season drew to a close on Sunday.
The finals day held at the Metropolitan Police Social Club in Bushey, saw the Saints B team take the honours in the League Division.
The B team from St Albans were involved in a close scrap with their counterparts from the Hitchin B team, and ended the day three points clear of their rivals, winning three of their final four matches.
Plans are already afoot for the next season of HIFL, which will kick off in September. Organisers are hoping to set up a third division, and are appealing for clubs and individual players who are interested in taking part to get in touch.
Ken Headington, Herts FA football development officer said: “It’s an exciting time for HIFL, which is being adopted by the Hertfordshire Senior County League next season.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a great opportunity to expand, and we want to get as many people playing as we can.”
Teams wishing to join HIFL, or players who would like to be matched up with a team in their area, can contact Ken Headington on 01462 650 222 or by emailing email@example.com.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital