Saints B team win League Division
- Credit: Archant
ST ALBANS City B Team emerged victorious as the Hertfordshire Inclusive Football League (HIFL) season drew to a close on Sunday.
The finals day held at the Metropolitan Police Social Club in Bushey, saw the Saints B team take the honours in the League Division.
The B team from St Albans were involved in a close scrap with their counterparts from the Hitchin B team, and ended the day three points clear of their rivals, winning three of their final four matches.
Plans are already afoot for the next season of HIFL, which will kick off in September. Organisers are hoping to set up a third division, and are appealing for clubs and individual players who are interested in taking part to get in touch.
Ken Headington, Herts FA football development officer said: “It’s an exciting time for HIFL, which is being adopted by the Hertfordshire Senior County League next season.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a great opportunity to expand, and we want to get as many people playing as we can.”
Teams wishing to join HIFL, or players who would like to be matched up with a team in their area, can contact Ken Headington on 01462 650 222 or by emailing email@example.com.
- 1 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London