Saints appoint Nick Archer as club chairman
- Credit: Archant
ST ALBANS City FC has announced that Nick Archer has been appointed as the club’s chairman with immediate effect.
Archer has been performing the function as interim-chairman since the departure of Ian Ridley in November. But on Tuesday owner Lawrence Levy shed the Archer’s “interim” title.
“Nick was instrumental with the appointment of James and Graham to the first team and between them re-building an attractive playing squad,” said Levy.
“He is passionate about the club, supports the club and has the necessary in-depth knowledge of the game required at this level. John [McGowan] and I felt it appropriate to make this position permanent before the end of the season.
Archer will be responsible for all playing matters, allowing owners Lawrence Levy and John McGowan to concentrate their efforts on building the infrastructure and long-term viability of the club.
You may also want to watch:
“My philosophy is to create a friendly and well respected club with a team that plays attractive football,” added Archer.
“Good administration and discipline will form part of my remit in-line with the club’s aim to develop younger players and be a long-term success. I am looking forward to the challenges ahead.”
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure