Saints aim to get league campaign back on track against Seagulls
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
THE Saints return to league action this Saturday following the brief hiatus for the FA Cup, with Weston-super-Mare the latest visitors to Clarence Park.
THE LOWDOWN: Weston-Super-Mare are currently enjoying one of their best seasons in the Blue Square Bet South having gained a reprieve from relegation following their worst ever season in which they only garnered 23 points and five wins.
The Seagulls are currently 14th having notched up three wins and 12 points.
THE MANAGER: Craig Laird is in his first season in the Woodspring Stadium hotseat having replaced Andy Gurney during the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Laird, who narrowly missed out on the playoffs with Bridgewater Town last year, has gained valuable experience as a youth team coach at Plymouth Argyle.
The manager is joined at the club by two of his sons, Jamie and Craig who are both defenders.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
PLAYERS TO WATCH: Striker Marcus Duharty followed manager Laird from Bridgewater to Weston and is currently the Seagulls’ top scorer with four goals.
The striker was in fine form for the Seagulls’ in their last league outing scoring both goals as they beat Welling United 2-0.
LAST TIME: Weston’s last visit to Clarence Park resulted in a 2-1 defeat as Ian Dunn netted two goals on debut to cancel out Ben Cleverley’s opener.
The victory in Hertfordshire helped City do the double on Weston following their 3-2 victory at Woodspring Stadium earlier in the season.
For those of you who are unable to make it to Clarence Park on Saturday, you can keep up with the action via our CITYLIVE service which will start at around 2.30pm.