Saints add Wealdstone pair to list of summer signings
- Credit: Archant
CITY have announced two more signings this week.
Defender Lee Chappell and midfielder Chris O’Leary, both from Wealdstone, have agreed terms to join the Saints for the upcoming season.
Chappell, 26, featured more than 360 times for Wealdstone since 2006, scoring 34 goals, and O’Leary, 27, has been player of the season for Wealdstone, making 280 first team appearances.
Joint manager James Gray said: “I know these two lads well from my time at Grosvenor Vale. I am excited that they have agreed to become part of the squad we are building.
“Lee and Chris are winners on the pitch both individually and as part of the team. Again they are the type of strong characters that Graham and I want in the dressing room.”
You may also want to watch:
Chappell and O’Leary’s arrivals come on the back of two signings last week: goalkeeper Paul Bastock and defender Ben Martin
Bastock has recently been appearing between the sticks at Worksop Town and has agreed to come back to St Albans City to add to his previous 260 appearances for the club.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Martin ended last season by winning the Conference South title with Welling United, making 38 appearances and scoring four goals from his position as central defender.
There was more good news for City as youth products Elliot Bailey, James Kaloczi and Matt Taylor signed one-year contracts with the club, and last year’s club captain James Comley also inked a deal.
The club is busy arranging the preseason games, which will be announced in the near future.