Saints add Wealdstone pair to list of summer signings
- Credit: Archant
CITY have announced two more signings this week.
Defender Lee Chappell and midfielder Chris O’Leary, both from Wealdstone, have agreed terms to join the Saints for the upcoming season.
Chappell, 26, featured more than 360 times for Wealdstone since 2006, scoring 34 goals, and O’Leary, 27, has been player of the season for Wealdstone, making 280 first team appearances.
Joint manager James Gray said: “I know these two lads well from my time at Grosvenor Vale. I am excited that they have agreed to become part of the squad we are building.
“Lee and Chris are winners on the pitch both individually and as part of the team. Again they are the type of strong characters that Graham and I want in the dressing room.”
Chappell and O’Leary’s arrivals come on the back of two signings last week: goalkeeper Paul Bastock and defender Ben Martin
Bastock has recently been appearing between the sticks at Worksop Town and has agreed to come back to St Albans City to add to his previous 260 appearances for the club.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 8 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 9 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 10 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
Martin ended last season by winning the Conference South title with Welling United, making 38 appearances and scoring four goals from his position as central defender.
There was more good news for City as youth products Elliot Bailey, James Kaloczi and Matt Taylor signed one-year contracts with the club, and last year’s club captain James Comley also inked a deal.
The club is busy arranging the preseason games, which will be announced in the near future.