Ryder Trophy win
Ready wraps up second Ryder Trophy success
GOLF: AFTER taking a six-shot lead in the first round, Mike Ready and Tyrone Carter had to battle all the way in the afternoon to win the Samuel Ryder Trophy at Verulam on Saturday.
Their challengers, Lewis Watcham and Ian Farrant, hit back to cut the lead to one, but a decisive eagle by Carter at their 16th, as their opponents bogeyed, made sure of the title.
County captain Ready (Old Fold Manor ) and former county championship runner-up Carter (Stevenage) shot 72 in foursomes and 69 in fourballs for 141, as Harpenden Common pair Lewis Watcham and former county champion Ian Farrant finished on 78 and 65 for 143, with Paul Fox and Matt Brien (Harpenden Common) 78 68 for 146, third.
It was a second success for Ready as he was a previous Trophy winner with a different partner.
You may also want to watch:
Handicap winners were Alan Craig and Tony Wilkins (Harpenden Common), 138.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End