Ryder Trophy win
Ready wraps up second Ryder Trophy success
GOLF: AFTER taking a six-shot lead in the first round, Mike Ready and Tyrone Carter had to battle all the way in the afternoon to win the Samuel Ryder Trophy at Verulam on Saturday.
Their challengers, Lewis Watcham and Ian Farrant, hit back to cut the lead to one, but a decisive eagle by Carter at their 16th, as their opponents bogeyed, made sure of the title.
County captain Ready (Old Fold Manor ) and former county championship runner-up Carter (Stevenage) shot 72 in foursomes and 69 in fourballs for 141, as Harpenden Common pair Lewis Watcham and former county champion Ian Farrant finished on 78 and 65 for 143, with Paul Fox and Matt Brien (Harpenden Common) 78 68 for 146, third.
It was a second success for Ready as he was a previous Trophy winner with a different partner.
You may also want to watch:
Handicap winners were Alan Craig and Tony Wilkins (Harpenden Common), 138.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district