Running: Three midweek wins from three for Striders
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders picked up three wins out of three in the midweek league at the weekend.
The senior men, senior women and vet men all won their races at Trent Park, while the vet women came second in their event.
The tough, 5.2 mile off-road course was hilly and muddy in parts and 223 male runners and 134 female runners took part.
The men were led home by Paul Adams (3rd) and Tom Crouch (4th), followed by Steve Buckle (8th), Steve Cockrell (12th), Graham Smith (15th), David Hope (19th), Peter Crowdell (22nd), Gary Warren (24th), Joe Dunn (29th), Mark Taplin (34th), Cathal Gallagher (36th) and Nairn McWilliams (40th).
The winning women’s team comprised Wendy Webster (3rd), Claire Kremer (8th), Wendy Walsh (9th), Jennifer Conway (11th), Helen Cartlidge (16th), Zoe Lowe (18th), Mercedes Getino (27th) and Deirdre Heydecker (33rd).
You may also want to watch:
The victory, St Albans’ third, leaves the Striders in an almost unassailable position in the midweek league, especially as the final race is on their home turf on July 1.
On Saturday Striders Buckle, Adam Dunajko and Cathal Gallagher secured a one, two, three in the St Albans Parkrun while Jenny Maddocks was the second female and Walsh, with a PB of 19mins 43secs, was the third female to finish.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Elsewhere, Richard Wilcox completed the Self Transcendence 5k race in Battersea Park in 21mins 44secs; Marc Phillips finished the Silverstone Duathlon in 1hr 8mins and Graham Smith came second in the Polesden Lacy 10k in 38mins 10secs.
On Sunday, Mandy Attree, Lucy Stern, Steve Elkan, Conrad Wild and Jack Brooks ran the Stour Valley Trail Marathon in Essex.