Running: Strong performance by Striders at Buntingford
The Striders’ racing week started on Boxing Day with Graham Smith and Mark Travers competing in the Pirton 3.2 mile race. Graham finished second overall and first vet 40 out of 216 runners in 18mins 37secs.
Jack Brooks finishing the Aylesbury 5k in 24mins 18secs.
On Saturday 28th December, Smith took part in the Brutal 10 mile Longmoor Camp race where he came seventh overall out of 247 runners and second vet in 1hr 16mins. This race involved wading through lots of chest high ponds and bogs.
Also on Saturday, Strider Helen Cartlidge (21:34) was first female in the Shorne Woods Parkrun in Kent.
There was a strong showing by the club at the Buntingford 10 mile race on Sunday with Graham Foster (1:02) coming 22nd out of 497 runners, closely followed by Colin Braybrook (34th in 1:04) and Richard Harry (45th in 1:06).
Also running were Doug Hobson (1:07), Martin Halling (1:07), Anthony Nicholson (1:09) and Richard Olney (1:15). Also on Sunday at the Pednor 10 mile race in Chesham, Simon Fraser finished in 1hr 4mins followed by Deborah Steer (1:07), Johanna Sharples (1:18) and Nicky Poulain.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival