Running: Strong performance by Striders at Buntingford
The Striders’ racing week started on Boxing Day with Graham Smith and Mark Travers competing in the Pirton 3.2 mile race. Graham finished second overall and first vet 40 out of 216 runners in 18mins 37secs.
Jack Brooks finishing the Aylesbury 5k in 24mins 18secs.
On Saturday 28th December, Smith took part in the Brutal 10 mile Longmoor Camp race where he came seventh overall out of 247 runners and second vet in 1hr 16mins. This race involved wading through lots of chest high ponds and bogs.
Also on Saturday, Strider Helen Cartlidge (21:34) was first female in the Shorne Woods Parkrun in Kent.
There was a strong showing by the club at the Buntingford 10 mile race on Sunday with Graham Foster (1:02) coming 22nd out of 497 runners, closely followed by Colin Braybrook (34th in 1:04) and Richard Harry (45th in 1:06).
You may also want to watch:
Also running were Doug Hobson (1:07), Martin Halling (1:07), Anthony Nicholson (1:09) and Richard Olney (1:15). Also on Sunday at the Pednor 10 mile race in Chesham, Simon Fraser finished in 1hr 4mins followed by Deborah Steer (1:07), Johanna Sharples (1:18) and Nicky Poulain.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app