Running: Striders take prize haul at Flitwick
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders took a host of prizes at the Flitwick 10k on Sunday.
An earlier road accident shortened the course to 8.5k. However, the Striders performed well with Deborah Steer (34:07) second lady, Tom Crouch (28:01) third man, Zoe Lowe first FV45, Deirdre Heydecker first FV55 and Graham Foster first MV50.
Overall, the ladies’ team secured first place and the men came second.
In the marathon world, Striders performed well at Brighton, Bratislava and Manchester. At Manchester, the finishers included Brendan Cashman (3:01.10). Si Fraser (2:57.09), Johanna Sharples (3:44.48), Richard Olney (3:39,.06), Ben Scott (3:39.15), Ian Hirth (3:56.00) and Wai Meng Au-Yeong (4:57.44) completed the Brighton course. At Bratislava, Leigh Ecclestone (3:19.54) and Jack Brooks (3:40.49) finished.
The St Albans Striders are staging a 10k race on May 11. See www.stalbansstriders.com for details.
You may also want to watch:
“Run with Striders” is a six-week introductory course to the Striders Running Club. The programme (Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-8pm) includes organized runs led by a group of experienced runners. You must be able to run at least 5k to register. The cost is £30, which includes membership until August and a Striders vest. Limited spaces available. See the website for details.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 10 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations