Running: Striders take prize haul at Flitwick
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders took a host of prizes at the Flitwick 10k on Sunday.
An earlier road accident shortened the course to 8.5k. However, the Striders performed well with Deborah Steer (34:07) second lady, Tom Crouch (28:01) third man, Zoe Lowe first FV45, Deirdre Heydecker first FV55 and Graham Foster first MV50.
Overall, the ladies’ team secured first place and the men came second.
In the marathon world, Striders performed well at Brighton, Bratislava and Manchester. At Manchester, the finishers included Brendan Cashman (3:01.10). Si Fraser (2:57.09), Johanna Sharples (3:44.48), Richard Olney (3:39,.06), Ben Scott (3:39.15), Ian Hirth (3:56.00) and Wai Meng Au-Yeong (4:57.44) completed the Brighton course. At Bratislava, Leigh Ecclestone (3:19.54) and Jack Brooks (3:40.49) finished.
The St Albans Striders are staging a 10k race on May 11. See www.stalbansstriders.com for details.
You may also want to watch:
“Run with Striders” is a six-week introductory course to the Striders Running Club. The programme (Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-8pm) includes organized runs led by a group of experienced runners. You must be able to run at least 5k to register. The cost is £30, which includes membership until August and a Striders vest. Limited spaces available. See the website for details.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 Demystifying the press release: How to submit your stories to the Herts Ad