Running: PB for Davies at Hillingdon
- Credit: Sussex Sport Photography.com
St Albans Striders competed in a number of half marathons and 20 mile races this weekend as they prepared for this year’s Spring Marathon season.
Ian Nichol completed the Windsor and Eton half marathon in 1hr 38mins, coming 71st overall.
Chris Davies finished the Hillingdon half marathon in a personal best time of 1hr 36mins. Martin Halling (1:33) was first vet 55 at Stanford Hall half marathon and Howard Bull and Jack Brooks completed the Hastings half marathon in 1hr 36mins (PB) and 1hr 46mins respectively.
In Sunday’s 20 mile races, Ian Hirth finished the Hyde Park 20 in 2hrs 53mins.
Twenty-two Striders took part in the Oakley 20. Leading the men was Colin Braybrook (2:16) and Deirdre Heydecker (2:37) was the first Strider female to first. She was also first female vet 50-55).
You may also want to watch:
Also running were Simon Warner, Richard Todd, Paul Earnshaw, Stephen Elkan, Michael Large, Andrew Maher, Russell Sessions, Marc Philips, Julianne Nightingale, Andrew Hull, Perry Gear, Rose McGinness, Petra Grosse, Melanie Orchard, Judith Beard, Mandy Attree, Lucy Stern, Emma Ward, Laura Duffy and Adam Mellor.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack