Running: PB for Davies at Hillingdon
- Credit: Sussex Sport Photography.com
St Albans Striders competed in a number of half marathons and 20 mile races this weekend as they prepared for this year’s Spring Marathon season.
Ian Nichol completed the Windsor and Eton half marathon in 1hr 38mins, coming 71st overall.
Chris Davies finished the Hillingdon half marathon in a personal best time of 1hr 36mins. Martin Halling (1:33) was first vet 55 at Stanford Hall half marathon and Howard Bull and Jack Brooks completed the Hastings half marathon in 1hr 36mins (PB) and 1hr 46mins respectively.
In Sunday’s 20 mile races, Ian Hirth finished the Hyde Park 20 in 2hrs 53mins.
Twenty-two Striders took part in the Oakley 20. Leading the men was Colin Braybrook (2:16) and Deirdre Heydecker (2:37) was the first Strider female to first. She was also first female vet 50-55).
Also running were Simon Warner, Richard Todd, Paul Earnshaw, Stephen Elkan, Michael Large, Andrew Maher, Russell Sessions, Marc Philips, Julianne Nightingale, Andrew Hull, Perry Gear, Rose McGinness, Petra Grosse, Melanie Orchard, Judith Beard, Mandy Attree, Lucy Stern, Emma Ward, Laura Duffy and Adam Mellor.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023