Running: PB for Davies at Hillingdon
- Credit: Sussex Sport Photography.com
St Albans Striders competed in a number of half marathons and 20 mile races this weekend as they prepared for this year’s Spring Marathon season.
Ian Nichol completed the Windsor and Eton half marathon in 1hr 38mins, coming 71st overall.
Chris Davies finished the Hillingdon half marathon in a personal best time of 1hr 36mins. Martin Halling (1:33) was first vet 55 at Stanford Hall half marathon and Howard Bull and Jack Brooks completed the Hastings half marathon in 1hr 36mins (PB) and 1hr 46mins respectively.
In Sunday’s 20 mile races, Ian Hirth finished the Hyde Park 20 in 2hrs 53mins.
Twenty-two Striders took part in the Oakley 20. Leading the men was Colin Braybrook (2:16) and Deirdre Heydecker (2:37) was the first Strider female to first. She was also first female vet 50-55).
You may also want to watch:
Also running were Simon Warner, Richard Todd, Paul Earnshaw, Stephen Elkan, Michael Large, Andrew Maher, Russell Sessions, Marc Philips, Julianne Nightingale, Andrew Hull, Perry Gear, Rose McGinness, Petra Grosse, Melanie Orchard, Judith Beard, Mandy Attree, Lucy Stern, Emma Ward, Laura Duffy and Adam Mellor.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works