Running: Entry for St Albans 10k now open
- Credit: Archant
Strider Adam Dunajko won the tough, hilly, off-road Ashridge Boundary run.
The club was out in force for the Herts Veterans Cross Country race at which the ladies won the team prize.
The results were: Wendy Walsh third (1st WV35); Zoe Lowe seventh; Gillian Jubb eighth; Deirdre Heydecker 12th (1st WV55); Liz Walls 15th (2nd WV55). Mandy Attree, Lucy Stern, Petra Grosse and Carol Ransom also ran.
Graham Smith was third MV40, Colin Braybrook was fourth MV50 and John Hope was sixth MV60. Also running were Craig Dowie, Jeremy Weightman, Andrew Hull and Michael Donovan.
On Sunday, Martin Whitworth and Si Fraser completed the Fleet Half Marathon in 1hr 20mins and 1hr 23mins, respectively; Jack Brooks completed the Pitsford Water Trail Marathon in 3hrs 59mins; Mark Travers finished the Bushy Park 10k in 48mins, followed by Brigid Smith in a personal best time of 1hr 4mins; Ben Scott and Wai Meng Au-Yeong ran the Surrey Spitfire 20 mile race in 2hrs 53mins and 3hrs 54mins respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Striders organise the St Albans 10k each year. This year the race will be held on Sunday, May 11. The club would like to see as many local runners as possible taking part in the event. Entry is online via the Runners World UK website. Once on the site click ‘events’ and search for St Albans 10km.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years