Runners take Division Two title
CROSS COUNTRY: THIRTY-SEVEN enthusiastic St Albans athletes overcame challenging hills at Wing to win the Chiltern Cross Country League Young Athletes Division Two for the second consecutive year last Saturday. Undeterred by the biting cold and menacing
CROSS COUNTRY: THIRTY-SEVEN enthusiastic St Albans athletes overcame challenging hills at Wing to win the Chiltern Cross Country League Young Athletes Division Two for the second consecutive year last Saturday.
Undeterred by the biting cold and menacing mud they finished the season in style. Ben Pattison (U11s) completed the course heroically wearing only one shoe - having lost the other in the first muddy section.
As well as scooping the top spot, coaches Deborah Steer, David Hobbs and Jonathan Redshaw were delighted with no less than two team golds (U13s girls and U15s boys), three silvers (U11s boys, U15s girls and U17s ladies) and a bronze from the U11s girls.
Individual prizes went to James McMurray who topped the U15s boys after five matches, with his team-mate Ollie Poulain taking silver.
You may also want to watch:
Laura Farrar (U17s) and Victoria Pritchard (U13s) also won silver, with Megan Steer (U15s) securing bronze.
Winning the league is the result of a team effort and those who have contributed to St Albans' success are: Sam Jamison-West, Adam Wilmshurst, Ben Pattison, Ricardo James, Adam Pritchard, Rebecca Pritchard, Hannah Hull, Niamh Quinn, Pippa Bailey, Laura Edwards, Megan Hobbs, Naomi Baker, Alice Mulcahy, Charlotte Brooke, Tabitha Weddell, Alice Bentley, Emily Hack, Oliver Almond, Jessica Edwards, Rhiannon Ellis and Phoebe Steer.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 9 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 10 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots