Runners secure first place finish
CROSS COUNTRY: St Albans AC cross country team continues to grow and excel, finishing the second fixture in the Chiltern Cross Country League in first place. It was the 14 strong U11 team who started proceedings at Wigmore Valley in Luton on Saturday. Aga
CROSS COUNTRY: St Albans AC cross country team continues to grow and excel, finishing the second fixture in the Chiltern Cross Country League in first place.
It was the 14 strong U11 team who started proceedings at Wigmore Valley in Luton on Saturday.
Against teams from all over the North West Home Counties they ran superbly to finish second in the boys event and fourth in the girls.
Top 10 finishes went to Eleanor Hobbs (fourth), Tabitha Weddell (seventh) and Adam Wilmshurst (sixth).
You may also want to watch:
The club had a number of runners making their debuts, all of whom seemed to enjoy their first appearance of cross country racing.
One of those debutants was 13-year-old James Down from Sandringham School. He ran a creditable race and dug in deep over the last 800 metres to finish third in Division Two.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
James McMurray continued his first class form to finish in first place followed by Chris Hilton in second and Sam Jamieson-West in fourth making the U15 boys team the clear favourites at this stage to take the league title.
The girls also had a great day.
Megan Steer took her first win in cross country in the U15 girls, Laura Farrar finished third in the U17 women's race and Victoria Pritchard came home second in the U13 girls event.
St Albans AC were also joined by St Albans Striders who have recently joined the Chiltern Cross Country league in addition to the Met and Sunday cross country leagues.