Runner up for Redbourn Golf Club junior Fullbrook
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn Golf Club junior Sophia Fullbrook finished runner up at the US Kids Golf European Championships in Scotland.
Fullbrook was second in the U9 girls’ competition to Kasumi Tran from Begelly, Wales.
The Bernards Heath pupil carded rounds of 39, 36 and 43 to finish four shots off Tran.
The competition was held across three different courses in Scotland, including Gullane, the site of this year’s Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open.
Fullbrook’s second place finish means she has qualified for the world championships, which will be played at Pinehurst.
You may also want to watch:
The nine-year-old, who plays on the Herts Futures Tour, has been playing golf at Redbourn since she was four and is coached by the club’s professional James Blake.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 3 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 8 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 9 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 10 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn