Rugby: Verulamians looking forward to new season
- Credit: Archant
St Albans-based Verulamians welcome Fullerians for their final warm-up match ahead of the new season on Saturday.
After last season’s success in Herts Middlesex One and having lifted the Herts Trophy for a second year, Vees are looking forward to London Three North West.
Training has been well attended and the mini and junior sections are due to hold their registration day on Sunday (10am).
Junior and minis chair Angela Clifford said: “We have just had a terrific season and we are targetting even greater success in the coming year.”
The seniors and juniors intend to have Easter Tours next April, travelling to Ireland and the south coast respectively.
Verulamians is a friendly community club, with three senior teams, and its junior section has age groups from under-seven to under-17.
Based opposite Ayletts on the A414 it welcomes new players and members.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt