Friday night lights a roaring success as St Albans and Tabard put on a show
- Credit: KARYN HADDON
Friday night lights and a derby game brought a big crowd to Boggymead - and the majority left happy as St Albans recorded a victory over Tabard.
In total 460 saw the Saints win 30-5 and creep ever closer towards the titanic title race in London Three North West.
They remain sixth but have games in hand on all the teams above them bar new leaders Hitchin, who are eight points ahead.
Will Latham scored half the points for the blue and gold side, with a try, two conversions and two penalties.
Dom Boost also added a try while Dom Browne helped himself to a couple.
William Thompson got the only Tabard score in the first period as they sit one place and one point off the bottom.
Old Albanian shared 14 tries with hosts Dings Crusaders in National Two South but ended up on the wrong side of a 46-41 defeat.
- 1 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 2 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 5 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
- 9 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 10 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
Ashley Illston scored two for OAs while there was one each for Benjamin Charnock, Oliver Brown, Kaz Henderson, Obinna Nkwocha and Dan Watt.
Watt also kicked three conversions.