Rugby: Old Albanians ready for Rosslyn Park
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanians kick off the new National League Division One season with a visit from Rosslyn Park on Saturday (3pm).
And, according to coach Gavin Hogg, a comprehensive testing of the relatively new squad during pre-season has put them in confident mood for the new campaign.
Hogg has reviewed the squad philosophy and regulars will notice a few changes, with the basics of scrum, lineout and defence taken care of through much toil and effort.
The Woollams men will look to explore opportunities in broken field play and opponents looking to aimlessly kick the ball out of defence should be warned.
Similarly the breakdown will be attacked smartly to provide opportunities anywhere on the field for a back line with pace to burn, especially the back three.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Daly and Dan Watt have been tasked with keeping the rest of a tenacious attack constantly on the front foot and will not be found wanting.
Sam Lunnon and Al Whittaker will bolster the engine room and Jason Billows impressed in the first half against Chinnor, who provided the toughest of tests last weekend.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land