Rugby: Old Albanians ready for Rosslyn Park
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanians kick off the new National League Division One season with a visit from Rosslyn Park on Saturday (3pm).
And, according to coach Gavin Hogg, a comprehensive testing of the relatively new squad during pre-season has put them in confident mood for the new campaign.
Hogg has reviewed the squad philosophy and regulars will notice a few changes, with the basics of scrum, lineout and defence taken care of through much toil and effort.
The Woollams men will look to explore opportunities in broken field play and opponents looking to aimlessly kick the ball out of defence should be warned.
Similarly the breakdown will be attacked smartly to provide opportunities anywhere on the field for a back line with pace to burn, especially the back three.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Daly and Dan Watt have been tasked with keeping the rest of a tenacious attack constantly on the front foot and will not be found wanting.
Sam Lunnon and Al Whittaker will bolster the engine room and Jason Billows impressed in the first half against Chinnor, who provided the toughest of tests last weekend.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans