Rugby League World Cup Challenge gets Active backing
ST ALBANS Centurions Rugby League World Cup Challenge has taken another step forward.
Active St Albans, the community sport and physical activity network for the City and District of St Albans, put its weight behind the “exciting” initiative.
Active St Albans act as an umbrella organisation for all St Albans Sports clubs and with Centurions World Cup Challenge looking to attract 500 sports fans from across the district to the World Cup semi-final at Wembley Stadium, the club brought them on board to help.
Speaking about the challenge, Active St Albans lead officer, Mark Caldwell said: “When Gary [Tetlow] approached me about the possibility of Active St Albans putting its weight behind the Centurions Challenge, I was only too pleased to agree.
“Active St Albans represents all sports across the district and we see this event at Wembley Stadium as a great opportunity to bring the sports family of St Albans together, supporting this initiative.
“Gary presented the challenge at the recent AGM and the members were not only excited about having this prestigious event on their doorstep, but also how accessible it is, with ticket prices being incredibly affordable.
“I have watched rugby league on television and always wanted to see it live and this gives me a great chance to see four of the best teams in the World. I can’t wait.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
For more information about the Centurions Rugby League World Cup Challenge email email@example.com