Rugby League World Cup Challenge gets Active backing
ST ALBANS Centurions Rugby League World Cup Challenge has taken another step forward.
Active St Albans, the community sport and physical activity network for the City and District of St Albans, put its weight behind the “exciting” initiative.
Active St Albans act as an umbrella organisation for all St Albans Sports clubs and with Centurions World Cup Challenge looking to attract 500 sports fans from across the district to the World Cup semi-final at Wembley Stadium, the club brought them on board to help.
Speaking about the challenge, Active St Albans lead officer, Mark Caldwell said: “When Gary [Tetlow] approached me about the possibility of Active St Albans putting its weight behind the Centurions Challenge, I was only too pleased to agree.
“Active St Albans represents all sports across the district and we see this event at Wembley Stadium as a great opportunity to bring the sports family of St Albans together, supporting this initiative.
You may also want to watch:
“Gary presented the challenge at the recent AGM and the members were not only excited about having this prestigious event on their doorstep, but also how accessible it is, with ticket prices being incredibly affordable.
“I have watched rugby league on television and always wanted to see it live and this gives me a great chance to see four of the best teams in the World. I can’t wait.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
For more information about the Centurions Rugby League World Cup Challenge email email@example.com