Roy century blasts OAs to stunning win
Division Two Northwood Town 206-9 (53) Old Albanian 209-6 (45.3) OLD Albanian enjoyed a superb win inspired by a top class century from Trinidad star Kwesi Roy at Northwood Town on Saturday. The hosts won the toss and elected to bat, moving to 80-0
Northwood Town 206-9 (53) Old Albanian 209-6 (45.3)
OLD Albanian enjoyed a superb win inspired by a top class century from Trinidad star Kwesi Roy at Northwood Town on Saturday.
The hosts won the toss and elected to bat, moving to 80-0 before OAs made the breakthrough. Tom Preest took two wickets with some good bowling while good captaining from Jon Smithers saw all-rounder Roy come on and pick up four wickets. Town were restricted to 206-9 off their 53 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Smithers smashed a few runs as OAs started the reply well and at 40-2 Roy arrived at the crease and fired 110 not out, winning the game with a six in the third to last over with OAs on 209-6. Skipper Smithers is hopeful his side will now push on and beat Potters Bar II on Saturday. He said: "We haven't had the best of seasons so far but we hope to build on that win and move on from there."
In Division Five, Old Albanian II hosted St Albans West Indian and were unable to claim the wickets needed for victory. OAs won the toss and posted a formidable 262-5 off their 53 overs. In reply, draw specialists the Windies batted out their 47 overs on 104-6. It was a seventh draw in 10 matches for the St Albans West Indian this summer.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
Old Albanian IV took on Old Elizabethans III in Division 13 of the Herts League on Saturday.
OAs won the toss at Woollams and decided to bowl with Sunil Chavda making the decision count, picking up 4-13 off seven superb overs. OEs were dismissed for 151 off 45.1 overs. Hiren Amin claimed two wickets and James Spencer Owen picked up one victim.
In reply, opener Bhargav Raval (55) and number three Jitesh Pindoria (59) smashed OAs to victory on 152-4 off 31.3 overs.