Roy century blasts OAs to stunning win
Division Two Northwood Town 206-9 (53) Old Albanian 209-6 (45.3) OLD Albanian enjoyed a superb win inspired by a top class century from Trinidad star Kwesi Roy at Northwood Town on Saturday. The hosts won the toss and elected to bat, moving to 80-0
Northwood Town 206-9 (53) Old Albanian 209-6 (45.3)
OLD Albanian enjoyed a superb win inspired by a top class century from Trinidad star Kwesi Roy at Northwood Town on Saturday.
The hosts won the toss and elected to bat, moving to 80-0 before OAs made the breakthrough. Tom Preest took two wickets with some good bowling while good captaining from Jon Smithers saw all-rounder Roy come on and pick up four wickets. Town were restricted to 206-9 off their 53 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Smithers smashed a few runs as OAs started the reply well and at 40-2 Roy arrived at the crease and fired 110 not out, winning the game with a six in the third to last over with OAs on 209-6. Skipper Smithers is hopeful his side will now push on and beat Potters Bar II on Saturday. He said: "We haven't had the best of seasons so far but we hope to build on that win and move on from there."
In Division Five, Old Albanian II hosted St Albans West Indian and were unable to claim the wickets needed for victory. OAs won the toss and posted a formidable 262-5 off their 53 overs. In reply, draw specialists the Windies batted out their 47 overs on 104-6. It was a seventh draw in 10 matches for the St Albans West Indian this summer.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 Demystifying the press release: How to submit your stories to the Herts Ad
Old Albanian IV took on Old Elizabethans III in Division 13 of the Herts League on Saturday.
OAs won the toss at Woollams and decided to bowl with Sunil Chavda making the decision count, picking up 4-13 off seven superb overs. OEs were dismissed for 151 off 45.1 overs. Hiren Amin claimed two wickets and James Spencer Owen picked up one victim.
In reply, opener Bhargav Raval (55) and number three Jitesh Pindoria (59) smashed OAs to victory on 152-4 off 31.3 overs.