Rovers young guns open up with victory
HARPENDEN Rovers started their warm up for the 2008/09 campaign with a 1-0 pre season friendly win against fellow Herts Senior County side Bedwell. With more than 12 of the first team squad unavailable, Rovers handed debuts to five 16-year-olds
HARPENDEN Rovers started their warm up for the 2008/09 campaign with a 1-0 pre season friendly win against fellow Herts Senior County side Bedwell.
With more than 12 of the first team squad unavailable, Rovers handed debuts to five 16-year-olds and also included ace striker Adam Price on his return.
Debutant Ben Pegram was outstanding at right back working well with Chris Jenkinson as the Rovers defence stood strong.
Rovers forced an opening when Adam Price was pushed to the ground and a penalty was awarded. Gareth Devoti stepped up to take the penalty but the 2007/08 top scorer saw his kick saved by the goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
Rovers made several changes after the break and although the game lacked fluency, they eventually secured the deciding goal. Andy Lee combined well with fellow veteran Paul Turner who smashed the ball in the bottom corner. The game finished 1-0 to Harps. Alex Denehy and Mark Hiller also put in great debut performances.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 10 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts