Rovers stunned by Lemsford
Shock defeat to bottom side for Rovers
HSCL Premier Division
Lemsford 3 Harpenden Rovers 1
HARPENDEN Rovers suffered a shock defeat against bottom of the league Lemsford.
A brace from Nick Sykes and a single from Alan Oakes condemned Rovers to only their fourth defeat of the season.
Rovers’ consolation goal came from Stuart Love.
Manager Bob Fowler was very disappointed with the result especially after last week’s great cup win, this result has brought the team back down to earth.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
* Harpenden Rovers A went down to West Herts Premier League leaders Hemel Hempstead Rovers in a hard fought contest 4-2.
* Harpenden Rovers B ensured they stay in the race for the league with a crushing win over Croxley C&H A. Wayne Carberry was a permanent threat going forward and created several goals. The scorers were Paul Turner with a brace and singles from Chris Coleman and Chris Mcauahey. All of the back four were solid and made sure the Croxley strikers had no chances on goal.