Rovers miss chance of Aubrey upset
Aubrey Cup Mill End Sports 2 Harpenden Rovers 0 HARPENDEN Rovers went in search of an upset in the Aubrey Cup at Premier Division side Mill End Sports on Saturday. Rovers started brightly but with some players missing were unable to create any chances
Mill End Sports 2 Harpenden Rovers 0
HARPENDEN Rovers went in search of an upset in the Aubrey Cup at Premier Division side Mill End Sports on Saturday.
Rovers started brightly but with some players missing were unable to create any chances in the opening 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Mill End struck on 37 minutes when a cross was not dealt with by the Rovers defence and the home side capitalised to score.
Rovers came out firing for the second half led by the inspirational Mark Hitchcock who worked tirelessly up front and created several half chances that were not converted.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
With 15 minutes to go Rovers were tightening the screw with Mill End really beginning to panic. In the 78th minute a great through ball by Ollie Poole released Hitchcock who blazed over the top. Several minutes later defender Haydn Williams was put through by skipper Matt Chugg only to shoot straight at the goalkeeper.
With Rovers pushing for the equaliser Mill End secured their place in the third Round with a break away goal.
Harpenden Rovers: Thomas, Dobinson, Peacock (Lythgoe 76), Fox, Williams, Wedd (Carberry 65) Chugg, Golds, Poole, Devoti, Hitchcock subs unused: Pegram, Izzard.
Rovers Second string carried on their great start to keep the top of the table with goals from Turner, debutant Shirra and two from Redford as they beat Bushey Rangers 4-2.
The third Team secured a fine draw away to Hadley B 2-2 thanks to a brace from Chris Coleman.
The fourth Team put up a great fight against Hemel Rovers B losing 5-3 at home.