Rovers lose out against league leaders
Baldock avenge home defeat
HSCL Premier Division
Sandridge Rovers 0 Baldock Town 3
LEAGUE leaders Baldock Town avenged their only league defeat of the season with a relatively comfortable 3-0 victory over Sandridge Rovers.
With a strong wind at their backs, Baldock dominated the first half, scoring eleven minutes in and then again just before the break. After the restart Lyons made two acrobatic saves to keep Rovers in the contest and for a period thereafter the hosts looked the greater creative threat. But they were unable to truly trouble Baldock until the very latter stages, when in a brisk counter-attack, the visitors sealed the win.
The Reserves had an equally disappointing afternoon at low-flying Wormley. They entered the game in high spirits after completing the double over Chipperfield Corinithians the previous week.
However, despite going ahead through the ever reliable Matty Irons, Wormley soon equalised and continued to breach the depleted Rovers defence. This pressure told immediately after the interval when Wormley cruised into a 4-1 lead as the visitors unsuccessfully chased floodlit shadows. Irons converted a late and dubious consolation penalty, which did little to lift the descending gloom.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead