Rovers lose out against league leaders
Baldock avenge home defeat
HSCL Premier Division
Sandridge Rovers 0 Baldock Town 3
LEAGUE leaders Baldock Town avenged their only league defeat of the season with a relatively comfortable 3-0 victory over Sandridge Rovers.
With a strong wind at their backs, Baldock dominated the first half, scoring eleven minutes in and then again just before the break. After the restart Lyons made two acrobatic saves to keep Rovers in the contest and for a period thereafter the hosts looked the greater creative threat. But they were unable to truly trouble Baldock until the very latter stages, when in a brisk counter-attack, the visitors sealed the win.
You may also want to watch:
The Reserves had an equally disappointing afternoon at low-flying Wormley. They entered the game in high spirits after completing the double over Chipperfield Corinithians the previous week.
However, despite going ahead through the ever reliable Matty Irons, Wormley soon equalised and continued to breach the depleted Rovers defence. This pressure told immediately after the interval when Wormley cruised into a 4-1 lead as the visitors unsuccessfully chased floodlit shadows. Irons converted a late and dubious consolation penalty, which did little to lift the descending gloom.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park