Rovers get rich return
Herts Senior County League Division One AFC Hatfield Town 0 Harpenden Rovers 3 HARPENDEN Rovers faced bottom-placed Hatfield in a must win game after back-to-back defeats. Rovers came flying out of the blocks, creating numerous chances, with Devoti and
Herts Senior County League Division One
AFC Hatfield Town 0
Harpenden Rovers 3
HARPENDEN Rovers faced bottom-placed Hatfield in a must win game after back-to-back defeats.
You may also want to watch:
Rovers came flying out of the blocks, creating numerous chances, with Devoti and Carberry missing relatively straightforward opportunities. However, with Simon Foster dominating at the back and Gilham pulling the strings in the centre, it was just a matter of time before Rovers broke the deadlock.
They opened the scoring in the 22nd minute when a through ball from Gilham sent Carberry clear and he calmly rounded the 'keeper to slot home. The second goal came five minutes later when some great play from Peacock and Poole set up a comfortable tap in for Devoti.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Devoti added his second and Rovers' third just moments later. This time Gilham and Ellis combined to carve open the Hatfield defence, setting up Devoti to crash home a pile driver from 12 yards. Rovers continued to dominate after the break but failed to create any further chances until fives minutes from time when Rawlinson shot wide of the post.
Harpenden Rovers: P. Goodwin, J. Peacock, J. Harmer, S. Foster (N. Rawlinson 80), S. Fox, O. Poole, M. Chugg, R. Gilham, C. Ellis, G. Devoti, W. Carberry (Alex Dennehey 74).
l Rovers Reserves carried on their fantastic run with two dramatic late goals to beat Christchurch Ware in the Junior County Cup 3-2, with goals from Lythgoe, Redford and Watson.
l Rovers' Third team were held to a 3-3 draw by Glen Sports, with Chris Coleman Mark Livingstone and Man of the Match David Hay scoring the goals while the Fourth Team lost 3-1 in a close contest against Tring Athletic B.