Rovers cause an upset
Rovers see off South Midlands outfit Hoddesdon
Herts Senior Centenary Cup
Harpenden Rovers 3
Hoddesdon Town 2 (AET)
HARPENDEN Rovers took on a strong South Midlands Division One outfit Hoddesdon Town in the Senior Centenary Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Rovers were much the stronger team in the first half and created enough chances for the game to be out of sight, but some good keeping from the Hoddesdon ‘keeper and some shy finishing meant Rovers went in at half time only 2-1 up, both goals coming from hotshot Ryan Denys.
Hoddesdon responded well and equalised in the second half to take the game in to extra time. Rovers’ superior fitness showed in extra time and Denys got the winning goal to complete his hat-trick.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
Manager Bob Fowler was delighted with the team’s performance and has been delighted with the start to the season so far, with Rovers in contention to win the league as well as still being involved in four cup competitions.
* Rovers Reserves also continued their excellent run beating Bushey 3-1 despite the controversial sending off of Oliver Wedd. Goals came from Ben Warren, Tom Clarke, and Simon Beazley.
* Rovers A lost a game 4-2 that they should have won, after a brace from Phil Lythgoe, but some poor defending and poor fitness allowed Phillipine FC to steal the game.