Rovers back to winning ways
Herts Senior County League Division One Harpenden Rovers 2 Croxley Guild 1 HARPENDEN Rovers got back to winning ways when they faced Croxley Guild at home on Tuesday, August 26. With a strong squad Rovers started brightly without creating chances.
Herts Senior County League Division One
Harpenden Rovers 2 Croxley Guild 1
HARPENDEN Rovers got back to winning ways when they faced Croxley Guild at home on Tuesday, August 26.
With a strong squad Rovers started brightly without creating chances. In the 35th minute against the run of play a great strike from a Croxley midfielder put the visitors in the lead at half time.
After some stern words and a change of formation Rovers came out at the second half and completely dominated the match, with skipper Chugg and Watson controlling midfield.
With 15 minutes to go a great cross from Chugg caused panic in the Croxley goal mouth and was turned into the net for an own goal.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 10 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
With the game going into injury time it looked like Rovers would have to settle for one point especially after two penalty appeals were turned down.
To their credit Rovers fought on and from a Chugg corner Adam Price forced home from a couple of yards to take all three points.
Rovers: Thomas, Peacock, Pegram (Izzard), Fox, Williams, Chugg, Hitchcock, Devoti, Watson, Price, Smith (Lythgoe). Unused subs: Rawlinson, Metcalfe.