Rovers back to winning ways
Herts Senior County League Division One Harpenden Rovers 2 Croxley Guild 1 HARPENDEN Rovers got back to winning ways when they faced Croxley Guild at home on Tuesday, August 26. With a strong squad Rovers started brightly without creating chances.
Herts Senior County League Division One
Harpenden Rovers 2 Croxley Guild 1
HARPENDEN Rovers got back to winning ways when they faced Croxley Guild at home on Tuesday, August 26.
With a strong squad Rovers started brightly without creating chances. In the 35th minute against the run of play a great strike from a Croxley midfielder put the visitors in the lead at half time.
You may also want to watch:
After some stern words and a change of formation Rovers came out at the second half and completely dominated the match, with skipper Chugg and Watson controlling midfield.
With 15 minutes to go a great cross from Chugg caused panic in the Croxley goal mouth and was turned into the net for an own goal.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
With the game going into injury time it looked like Rovers would have to settle for one point especially after two penalty appeals were turned down.
To their credit Rovers fought on and from a Chugg corner Adam Price forced home from a couple of yards to take all three points.
Rovers: Thomas, Peacock, Pegram (Izzard), Fox, Williams, Chugg, Hitchcock, Devoti, Watson, Price, Smith (Lythgoe). Unused subs: Rawlinson, Metcalfe.