Medal joy for Roundwood Park pupils at European Athletics Championship
- Credit: EUROPEAN ATHLETICS
Roundwood Park School is one proud organisation after watching two of their former pupils pick up medals at the U18 European Athletics Championship.
Mia McIntosh led the gold rush for Team GB with their first visit to the top step of the podium in Jerusalem.
She clocked a championship best of 13.05 seconds, and a British record at the age group too, to claim the 100m hurdles crown.
Speaking on the British Athletics website she said: "I’m very happy and very emotional. I came here and did everything my coach wanted me to do.
"I am just so overwhelmed to be coming away with a gold medal."
Tom Gaunce brought the second success with a bronze in the medley relay, although he and his team-mates had an anxious wait.
The Harpenden man was on the final leg of the event, where four athletes run 100m, 200m, 300 and then 400m, and brought the baton home in fourth place.
- 1 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 6 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 8 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
However, Denmark, who had finished third, were disqualified giving the GB squad the third spot.