SSML Premier Division: Single-goal results bring differing emotions for Harpenden Town, Colney Heath and London Colney
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town and Colney Heath set up their top of the table clash with two very different 1-0 wins.
The pair meet at the Recreation Ground tonight (Tuesday) with Harps sitting fourth in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division behind leaders Colney.
Town will arrive buoyed by Sean McMonagle's winner away to Aylesbury Vale Dynamos at the same time that the Magpies meanwhile went down to a second defeat in three games against Leighton Town.
That was Heath's first loss at home in the league for over 12 months, a run of 21 games that included 17 wins since a 3-2 success for Biggleswade United on January 12, 2019.
Sonny Newbury-Barr got the only goal for Leighton on 64 minutes, pouncing on a rebound following an Archie McClelland shot.
You may also want to watch:
Colney Heath had their chances but Danny May, Jon Clements and Brett O'Connor were unable to convert the chances.
Their lead at the top of the division is now five points from Tring Athletic who do have a game in hand.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 8 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 9 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
London Colney also lost 1-0, going down to Potton United at Cotlandswick.
The winner came on 28 minutes through Sam Willis and leaves the Blueboys at the bottom of the table.
They are also in action tonight when they host Leighton Town.
Both games kick-off at 7.45pm.