Ross scores PSV win
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Park Street Village 1 Codicote 0 DAVE Ross scored late on to give Park Street Village the points at home to Codicote on Saturday. The match was a turgid affair on the tough Toulmin Drive surface and PSV boss Rya
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Park Street Village 1 Codicote 0
DAVE Ross scored late on to give Park Street Village the points at home to Codicote on Saturday.
The match was a turgid affair on the tough Toulmin Drive surface and PSV boss Ryan Thompson was not entertained with the spectacle. He said: "Both sides cancelled each other out. It was a slum fest. Anyone watching it would have thought my goodness this is awful. It really was that bad."
Park Street goalkeeper Tony Kerby was largely untroubled and it took a moment of magic from substitute Dave Ross to settle the contest. Thompson said: "We took off Andy Findlay and put on Dave Ross. We went three up top with Dave Ross as a third striker and then we put on Matty Day who set up the goal with his first touch. He played the ball to Dave Ross who finished clinically from a tight angle into the bottom left-hand corner. He has that little bit of composure in front of goal that we lack sometimes."
Defender Ricky Petts gave a towering display and Andy Ruck came through his return off the bench, after a long spell out with a broken ankle. Thompson said: "We work extremely hard and it is very rare that teams get behind us and have a one-on-one with the goalkeeper."
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 4 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 5 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 8 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 9 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
Rovers are without skipper Chris Day, Ant Burns and Matt Day on Saturday when they go away to face Evergreen in the last four of the Aubrey Cup on Saturday.