Ross blast seals result
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Whitewebbs 0 Park Street Village 2 PARK Street Village continued their fine campaign with an exceptional win at Whitewebbs on Saturday. Manager Ryan Thompson sent his side into the game knowing it was a key cont
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Whitewebbs 0 Park Street Village 2
PARK Street Village continued their fine campaign with an exceptional win at Whitewebbs on Saturday.
Manager Ryan Thompson sent his side into the game knowing it was a key contest in the battle for a top-three place. Pete Hanson returned to midfield alongside Lee Shackle and Tommy Burns.
You may also want to watch:
PSV led 1-0 at half time after Damon Wright stepped up to curl an exquisite free kick into the top corner from the edge of the box.
Striker Matty Day had to go off with a hamstring injury and it was his replacement Dave Ross who settled the contest with the second goal in the second half. Assistant boss Gary Ross hailed the strike. He said: "They had a corner and Peter Hanson knocked the ball out to Bruce Hutchison who crossed it first time. Dave Ross met it and fired it straight into the goal."
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Bruce Hutchison was unfortunate not to add a third but the 2-0 win keeps the Toulmin Drive outfit in third spot ahead of the home clash with fourth-placed Standon and Puckeridge this weekend. Ross was delighted with the Whitewebbs win. He said: "It was a cracking result over there. Tony Kerby made some cracking saves in goal and Pete Hanson, Lee Shackle and Tommy Burns were massive for us in the middle of the park. The defence was good and the team spirit was excellent.