Ross blast seals result
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Whitewebbs 0 Park Street Village 2 PARK Street Village continued their fine campaign with an exceptional win at Whitewebbs on Saturday. Manager Ryan Thompson sent his side into the game knowing it was a key cont
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Whitewebbs 0 Park Street Village 2
PARK Street Village continued their fine campaign with an exceptional win at Whitewebbs on Saturday.
Manager Ryan Thompson sent his side into the game knowing it was a key contest in the battle for a top-three place. Pete Hanson returned to midfield alongside Lee Shackle and Tommy Burns.
You may also want to watch:
PSV led 1-0 at half time after Damon Wright stepped up to curl an exquisite free kick into the top corner from the edge of the box.
Striker Matty Day had to go off with a hamstring injury and it was his replacement Dave Ross who settled the contest with the second goal in the second half. Assistant boss Gary Ross hailed the strike. He said: "They had a corner and Peter Hanson knocked the ball out to Bruce Hutchison who crossed it first time. Dave Ross met it and fired it straight into the goal."
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Vote for your favourite restaurant in Chamber of Commerce poll
Bruce Hutchison was unfortunate not to add a third but the 2-0 win keeps the Toulmin Drive outfit in third spot ahead of the home clash with fourth-placed Standon and Puckeridge this weekend. Ross was delighted with the Whitewebbs win. He said: "It was a cracking result over there. Tony Kerby made some cracking saves in goal and Pete Hanson, Lee Shackle and Tommy Burns were massive for us in the middle of the park. The defence was good and the team spirit was excellent.