Rooks next up at Clarence Park
St Albans City v Lewes Saturday, August 22 – 3pm KO Where: Clarence Park Who: Lewes have had a difficult summer following their relegation from the Blue Square Premier last season. The club is continuing in negotiations with HM Revenue & Customs in an att
St Albans City v Lewes
Saturday, August 22 - 3pm KO
Where: Clarence Park
Who: Lewes have had a difficult summer following their relegation from the Blue Square Premier last season. The club is continuing in negotiations with HM Revenue & Customs in an attempt to avoid a winding-up order that has been hanging over the club for some time now.
Manager Steve Ibbotson has managed to attract new players to the Dripping Pan with six new players arriving.
Striker Dan Beck has proved to be a good acquisition after netting twice in four games.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 10 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
Season so far: Beck scored on his debut as the Rooks drew 1-1 with Weymouth on the opening day.
Comical defending saw Lewes slip to a 3-0 defeat at Braintree Town but they recovered with a creditable 2-2 draw away at Newport County when Sam Crabb and Joe Keehan were on target.
Beck grabbed his second goal of the season as the Rooks drew 1-1 with Thurrock last time out.
Players: Adam Everitt starts his three-game suspension following his opening day dismissal at Dorchester but Solomon Shields and Paul Bastock are available with their suspensions not kicking-in until September 1.