Romans newest team on the St Albans City Youth block
- Credit: Archant
The U9 Romans are the latest team off the St Albans City Youth production line and made their debut on Saturday against Lemsford.
The side were formed just a few weeks ago and both players and parents were delighted at the performance in tricky conditions at Highfield.
Team coach Damien Ellis said: “Considering this was their first competitive match the boys put in a great performance.
“I think everyone enjoyed the game and I’m sure there’s lots more to come from them.”
The team are certainly dedicated, with regular Wednesday evening training sessions under the lights at Beaumont School plus the Saturday morning matches.
You may also want to watch:
One of the proud parents, Paul Bishop, said: “The facilities at both venues are fantastic and the boys are quickly learning the game and becoming good friends too.”
Man of the match on Saturday was Max Ramsey.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre