Romans newest team on the St Albans City Youth block
- Credit: Archant
The U9 Romans are the latest team off the St Albans City Youth production line and made their debut on Saturday against Lemsford.
The side were formed just a few weeks ago and both players and parents were delighted at the performance in tricky conditions at Highfield.
Team coach Damien Ellis said: “Considering this was their first competitive match the boys put in a great performance.
“I think everyone enjoyed the game and I’m sure there’s lots more to come from them.”
The team are certainly dedicated, with regular Wednesday evening training sessions under the lights at Beaumont School plus the Saturday morning matches.
You may also want to watch:
One of the proud parents, Paul Bishop, said: “The facilities at both venues are fantastic and the boys are quickly learning the game and becoming good friends too.”
Man of the match on Saturday was Max Ramsey.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display