Romans march over Stortford
BATH City recorded the weekend s most impressive result with a 5-1 hammering of Bishop s Stortford at Woodside Park. First half goals from Adam Connolly and David Edwards set the Romans on their way and despite Charlie Sheringham pulling a goal back, they
BATH City recorded the weekend's most impressive result with a 5-1 hammering of Bishop's Stortford at Woodside Park.
First half goals from Adam Connolly and David Edwards set the Romans on their way and despite Charlie Sheringham pulling a goal back, they were never in trouble. Edwards grabbed a second and Lewis Hogg scored a delightful free kick. Stortford's afternoon was made even worse as Sheringham missed a penalty and shortly after the former Welling man missed a sitter. Bath concluded the scoring late on when Kaid Mohammed rounded goalkeeper Ed Thompson and added a fifth.
Dover's unbeaten start to the season was brought to an end at Westleigh Park as two goals from the league's top scorer Manny Williams gave Havant & Waterlooville a 2-1 win.
Craig Reid was on target twice as Newport County won 2-0 at Welling United and George Purcell scored twice as Braintree won 2-1 at Weston-super-Mare.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Claridge came out of retirement at the age of 43 to help Weymouth but he couldn't stop them from losing 5-1 at home to Bromley.
Thurrock continue to surprise, this time winning 2-0 at Maidenhead United while Worcester picked up their first win of the season with a 4-0 thrashing of Dorchester.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
Eastleigh had to settle for a 0-0 draw at home to Staines while Lewes were held to a 0-0 draw at home by Basingstoke.