Romans march over Stortford
BATH City recorded the weekend s most impressive result with a 5-1 hammering of Bishop s Stortford at Woodside Park. First half goals from Adam Connolly and David Edwards set the Romans on their way and despite Charlie Sheringham pulling a goal back, they
BATH City recorded the weekend's most impressive result with a 5-1 hammering of Bishop's Stortford at Woodside Park.
First half goals from Adam Connolly and David Edwards set the Romans on their way and despite Charlie Sheringham pulling a goal back, they were never in trouble. Edwards grabbed a second and Lewis Hogg scored a delightful free kick. Stortford's afternoon was made even worse as Sheringham missed a penalty and shortly after the former Welling man missed a sitter. Bath concluded the scoring late on when Kaid Mohammed rounded goalkeeper Ed Thompson and added a fifth.
Dover's unbeaten start to the season was brought to an end at Westleigh Park as two goals from the league's top scorer Manny Williams gave Havant & Waterlooville a 2-1 win.
Craig Reid was on target twice as Newport County won 2-0 at Welling United and George Purcell scored twice as Braintree won 2-1 at Weston-super-Mare.
Steve Claridge came out of retirement at the age of 43 to help Weymouth but he couldn't stop them from losing 5-1 at home to Bromley.
Thurrock continue to surprise, this time winning 2-0 at Maidenhead United while Worcester picked up their first win of the season with a 4-0 thrashing of Dorchester.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
Eastleigh had to settle for a 0-0 draw at home to Staines while Lewes were held to a 0-0 draw at home by Basingstoke.