Roe hits fourth consecutive half-century to earn Redbourn a draw
- Credit: Archant
Dan Roe continued his excellent form to bat out a draw for Redbourn at Chipperfield Clarendon to remain within touching distance of Saracens Herts Division Three A leaders Old Elizabethans.
The skipper scored eight boundaries, including one maximum, as he carried his bat for 71 to earn Redbourn a share of the points.
It was Roe’s third best score this season and his fifth half-century. More impressively, in the last four games, Roe has scored 84, 69, 68* and 71*, giving him an average of 73.
Saturday’s half-century was vital in keeping Redbourn within 11 points of the league leaders.
Chasing 270, Simon Osman and George Naismith – also in excellent touch with 205 runs in three games – rebuilt the innings following Dave Irwin’s dismissal for one. They took the score from 10-1 to 85-2 after Osman was trapped in front for 37.
You may also want to watch:
A flurry of wicket put Redbourn back in the hole as Naismith and Edward Hales went in quick succession and Connor Yorath followed them back to the pavilion soon after, leaving the score at 121-5.
Dan and Ben Roe steered Redbourn away from danger before two more quick wickets stole the chance of a victory. At 197-7, Dean Flynn joined Dan Roe at the crease and batted out a draw.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall