Rocky Clark’s arrival at Saracens good news for both them and Old Albanian Saints says Sarah McKenna
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A new but familiar face at Saracens promises to be a huge help for Sarah McKenna – both at Allianz Park and in her role as head coach of Old Albanian Saints.
Rocky Clark is England's most-capped international with the prop finishing her career on 137 and she has now taken up a coaching role at the Tyrrells Premier 15s champions, something Harpenden's McKenna is delighted with.
She said: "It's really cool to have Rocky with us. She gives a whole new perspective and the conversations she can have will be different again because she's been there and was only doing it a few months ago."
And McKenna admitted she will tap into Clark's huge well of knowledge when it comes to her position at Woollams.
"She knows the drills that work and what gets people ticking," said the OAs coach.
You may also want to watch:
"It's something I've been struggling with at OAs, learning that side of things. I never had any say when it came to forwards drills, it's not my bag at all so I had to rely on others.
"It's certainly somewhere I need to expand my knowledge but having someone like that who does have the time to explain things and give out information is great."
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images