Road hit top gear to win Bingham Cox Cup
Bingham Cox Cup Final London Road (Saturday) 2 St Albans North 0 LONDON Road (Saturday) defeated St Albans North to lift the Bingham Cox Cup on Saturday at Clarence Park.
Bingham Cox Cup Final
London Road (Saturday) 2 St Albans North 0
LONDON Road (Saturday) defeated St Albans North to lift the Bingham Cox Cup on Saturday at Clarence Park.
Goals from striker James Hill and teenage midfield playmaker Jason Lohan handed Road the win, denying St Albans North the league and cup double. League top scorer Mike Osinibi with 17 goals in 15 games was unable to breach the Road defence as St Albans North were shut out.
In their first season in the North and Mid-Herts League Road, managed by John Welch have secured a top two finish in Division One - Mid with 14 wins from 18 games and two draws and two defeats. St Albans North have secured the league crown with 15 wins and one draw from 16 games played.
The Bingham Cox Cup was first played for in 1892 and was the brainchild of Mr W H Bingham-Cox, a brewer from St Albans who was an Independent Conservative candidate for the old Mid Herts Parliamentary Division.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
London Road (Saturday): G. Drake, B. Ryan, T. Davis, D. Jones, J. Pinkham, R. Jones, B. Smith, D. Bozier, J. Hill, J. Lohan, M. Taylor. Subs: F. Morris, V. Sapanoro, D. Thurlby, D. Murphy, R. Wade.
St Albans North: A. Kerry, J. Petitt, S. Butler, P. Adams, B. Lenane, D. Adams, B. Alger, K. Ellis, D. Saunders, M. Osinibi, D. Tansley. Subs: R. Bartup, L. Sherman, C. Lewis, M. O'Toole, J. Cannon.